Ovie Soko and Myles Hesson, GB’s two top scorers from the second round of EuroBasket 2021 Pre-Qualifying, highlight a talented roster which blends youth with experience.
GB who are riding on a three-game game winning streak and have named Nate Reinking as their new head coach, hope to continue the positive momentum through to the third round with 10 of the 12 players from February named in the initial squad.
Team captain, Dan Clark is one of three Olympians along with Kyle Johnson, and Eric Boateng who played alongside Reinking in London 2012.
Gabe Olaseni, GB’s top performer at EuroBasket 2017, Robert Gilchrist, and 2019 BBL Trophy MVP Ashley Hamilton complete GB’s returning frontcourt from the last round.
Returning in the backcourt are GB’s ironman Teddy Okereafor who has featured in 39 consecutive games for GB. Conner Washington who impressed in his debut international games during the last window, and Josh Steel who was a regular member of Alberto Lorenzo’s squads complete the list of returners.
Morayo Soluade and Luke Nelson who both last played for GB in World Cup Qualifying return as does Gareth Murray who missed the last EuroBasket Pre-Qualifying window.
Jamell Anderson receives his first call-up since 2013 when he received his first cap in a closed test game vs. Puerto Rico.
Yet to suit up for the men’s national team, Kayne Henry, Ben Lawson, Will Neighbour, Dwayne Lautier-Ogunleye, Ryan Martin, Kingsley Okoroh, Mate Okros, Jacob Round, and Jordan Spencer all receive the nod and could earn their first caps.
Training camp is set to begin on August 1 with GB playing in Kosovo on August 7 before returning to Manchester for a couple of home games against Luxembourg on August 10 and Kosovo on August 17. The campaign concludes on the road at Luxembourg on August 21.
Tickets are on sale now for the home games against Luxembourg on August 10 (7pm) and Kosovo on August 17 (7pm).
Both matches take place at the National Basketball Performance Centre at Belle Vue, Manchester.
There are early-bird ticket offers until August 10 with adults able to see both games for just £12 and under-16s £5.
Buy tickets for GB v Luxembourg HERE.
Buy tickets for GB v Kosovo HERE.
EuroBasket 2021 Pre-Qualifying 24 Player Roster:
1. Jamell Anderson – Leicester Riders (BBL)
2. Eric Boateng – Saint-Vallier (France)
3. Dan Clark – Montakit Fuenlabrada (Spain)
4. Robert Gilchrist – BC LF Lulea (Sweden)
5. Ashley Hamilton – London Royals (BBL)
6. Kayne Henry – Jacksonville State University (USA)
7. Myles Hesson – BCM Gravelines (France)
8. Kyle Johnson – St John’s Edge (Canada)
9. Dwayne Lautier-Ogunleye – Bergamo Basket (Italy)
10. Ben Lawson – Rising Zephyr Fukuoka (Japan)
11. Ryan Martin – Bakken Bears (Denmark)
12. Gareth Murray – Glasgow Rocks (BBL)
13. Will Neighbour – London Royals (BBL)
14. Luke Nelson – Herbalife Gran Canaria (Spain)
15. Teddy Okereafor – Holargos (Greece)
16. Kingsley Okoroh – Saenz Horeca Araberri (Spain)
17. Mate Okros – Drexel University (USA)
18. Gabe Olaseni – s.Oliver Würzburg (Germany)
19. Jacob Round – Montakit Fuenlabrada (Spain)
20. Ovie Soko – UCAM Mercia (Spain)
21. Morayo Soluade – Legia Warszawa (Poland)
22. Jordan Spencer – Schalke (Germany)
23. Joshua Steel – Força Lleida (Spain)
24. Conner Washington – Leicester Riders (BBL)