Manchester Giants have partnered with Coach Core an initiative from the Royal Foundation, the charity of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to provide an apprenticeship placement for a community coach working with the Giants.
In a statement Giants CEO, John Dwan said, “This is a great opportunity for a young person to join the North West Community Club of the Year and gain both the practical experience of coaching and the training necessary to kick start your career whilst getting paid.”
All apprentices on Coach Core programmes in England gain the NVQ Level 2 Community Activator Coach Standard qualification. This has been specifically designed by practitioners with extensive experience of the sport and leisure sector.
Apprentices also receive:
- Additional coaching qualifications, including National Governing Body Awards
- Dedicated Coach Core modules, exploring a more holistic approach to coaching
- Mentoring from experienced, dedicated staff
- Coaching clinics and masterclasses from key sporting figures
- Access to events and opportunities not seen on any other programme.
In addition to a regular salary, apprentices also benefit from the minimum of a Level 1 Coaching Qualification plus additional CPD opportunities, equivalent to approximately £500 per young person.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.