B. Braun Sheffield Sharks last night announced the signing of Nate Montgomery for the upcoming 2020-21 BBL season.
The announcement was uniquely made via a Sharks Facebook Livestream on Wednesday evening, where the Sharks gameday announcer, Mike Shaft, revealed Nate Montgomery and then proceeded with a short interview.
The 5’9″ point guard was born and raised in local Ecclesfield and has been a lifelong Sharks supporter. He is currently balancing playing with his degree at Sheffield Hallam University where he is studying Sport Business Management.
“It was a dream come true to originally get the call up to the team,” said Montgomery. “I have learnt a lot so far and just want to keep working hard to continue to develop. We are all excited for the season ahead.”
2020-21 is set to be Nate’s third season with the club, having been first named on the bench on Friday 4th January 2019, at home to Leicester, before first coming on court a week later at home to Worcester, scoring five points on debut.
Although on limited minutes, Nate Montgomery has finished with the Sharks’ best shooting percentage on the entire team for each of the last two seasons. In 2019-20 he shot 60% from the floor, and in 2018-19 he hit 71.4% of his shots.
“We’re happy to have Nate back,” said Sharks Head Coach Atiba Lyons. “He continues to work hard to keep building and learning.”
Montgomery is the Sharks 10th player announcement so far, joining Mike Tuck, Mackey McKnight, Nicholas Lewis, Rob Marsden, Callum Jones, Bennett Koch, Marko Backovic, Kipper Nichols, and Antwon Lillard.