Great Britain Head Coach Nate Reinking has announced his final 12 to face Kosovo this evening as he leads the senior side for the first time.
After selecting a long list of 24 players to enter camp, Reinking has only had a limited amount of time to work with the team and install his game plan ahead of four must win games in August. A number of players travelled with the side to Kosovo and the former GB Olympian has now narrowed his sights on 12 ahead of tonight’s game.
There are senior debuts for both Dwayne Lautier-Ogunleye and Kingsley Okoroh, with BBL star Jamell Anderson returning to the squad for the first time since 2013. Mo Soluade will add to his two caps, as will explosive guard Conner Washington as he retains his place from the last international window.
Like Washington, reigning BBL Trophy MVP Ashley Hamilton has been given the nod, as has Herbalife Gran Canaria guard Luke Nelson, who last suited up for GB during World Cup qualifying.
Reinking has turned to the quartet of Teddy Okereafor, Robert Gilchrist, Gabe Olaseni and 2012 Olympian Kyle Johnson to provide a veteran presence in what is sure to be a tough away game in Mitrovica.
In the absence of talisman Dan Clark, who is recovering from injury, Reinking’s side will be led by Myles Hesson. The talented forward was one of GB’s top scorers during the 2nd round of pre-qualifying, providing a number of solid performances both home and away.
Tonight’s squad in full (caps):
- Jamell Anderson – Leicester Riders, BBL (31)
- Robert Gilchrist – BC LF Lulea, Sweden (12)
- Ashley Hamilton – London Royals, BBL (18)
- Myles Hesson – BCM Gravelines, France (35)
- Kyle Johnson – Stajrnan, Iceland (79)
- Dwayne Lautier-Ogunleye – Bergamo Basket, Italy (0)
- Luke Nelson – Herbalife Gran Canaria, Spain (15)
- Teddy Okereafor – Holargos, Greece (39)
- Kingsley Okoroh – Saenz Horeca Araberri, Spain (0)
- Gabe Olaseni – s.Oliver Würzburg, Germany (31)
- Morayo Soluade – Cafes Candelas Breogán Lugo, Spain (2)
- Conner Washington – OSE Lions, Hungary (2)
GB are able to name a final roster of 12 players for each of August’s pre-qualifying games, with players being chosen from the original long list of 24. That will give Reinking the opportunity to rotate his side if required, and leaves the door open for players like Clark to return to the side once fully fit.
Tonight’s game in Kosovo tips off at 7:30pm UK time, and the game will be free to watch through the GB Basketball website by clicking HERE.